Studied at the Universities of Oxford, Sussex, and Birmingham, and the Froebel Institute.
Chartered Educational Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. Currently a Senior Educational Psychologist in Nottingham City.
Joint Programme Director to the D App Ed Psy professional training programme in Educational Psychology at the University of Nottingham, and Director to the D App Psy (Ed) CPD doctoral programme for qualified EPs.
My professional career began with a variety of qualified teaching roles in schools, beginning in Hackney, Inner London. Following qualification as an Educational Psychologist, I have practised in a number of Local Authorities in various roles, including as Service Manager. As a Psychologist I have practised specialisms including working with deaf children; mental health needs; school improvement; organisational change and development; and supporting the education of children excluded from school.
I have varied interests and expertise in educational psychology including:
- Organisational development and group processes
- Language and literacy development
- Applied research methods in educational psychology
- Mental health and wellbeing, and behaviour change in schools
- Motivation and self-efficacy
Programme Director, tutor and research supervisor to D App Ed Psy, and D App Psy (Ed), contributor to C83EDP Educational Psychology Undergraduate Module
Teaching contributions include:
- Interpersonal and Group Skills, consultative skills
- Applied Research Methods in Educational Psychology
- Motivational Interviewing
- Promoting Early Language Development
- Bilingual learners
- Organisational change and development, Soft Systems Methodology
- Anti-bullying in schools
- Risk and resilience in development
- Development of literacy
CLINE, T., GULLIFORD, A. and BIRCH, S., eds., 2015. Educational Psychology. Routledge..
GULLIFORD, A., 2015. Evidence Based-Practice in Educational Psychology: the Nature of the Evidence. In: CLINE, T., GULLIFORD, A. and BIRCH, S., eds., Educational Psychology 2nd. Routledge.