Research Staff Travel Prize
These prestigious prizes support research staff to attend a national or international conference to present their research, or make a short visit to another institute to use or consult essential resources.
The funding round you apply to is determined by your travel dates, please carefully check the funding deadline before you apply. If you apply to the incorrect funding round, your application will be rejected.
We recommend that you download the application form and discuss it with your line manager/PI before you start the application process.
New Application Process
The application process for the Research Staff Travel Prize has changed and applications are now managed in Moodle. It is important to check that you are able to access Moodle before you apply. If you are unable to access Moodle, please contact Learning-Team-Support for assistance.
This is a highly competitive prize that attracts a large number of applications. Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will not be sent to the judging panel for consideration.
The guidance notes for applicants and FAQ page provide all the information you need to fully complete your application.
- Wednesday 7 September 2016 (For travel from 31 October 2016 to 25 January 2017) *closed
- Wednesday 7 December 2016 (For travel from 25 January 2017 to 1 May 2017) *closed
- Wednesday 8 March 2017 (For travel from 24 April 2017 to 27 July 2017)
- Wednesday 7 June 2017 (For travel from 27 July 2017 to 3 November 2017)
- Wednesday 6 September 2017 (For travel from 30 October 2017 to 5 February 2018)
These prizes are only open to research staff based at the United Kingdom Campus on the following grades who have not already received a Research Staff Travel Prize:
- R&T 4a (research emphasis only)
- R&T 4 TG
- R&T 4 (research and/or teaching emphasis)
*other level 4 grades, including those for teaching only are not eligible
Levels of support
- up to £300 for attendance at a conference at your country of employment
- up to £600 for attendance at a conference overseas
How to apply
Please note the application process for this prize has changed.
- Check the funding deadline dates to ensure you apply to the correct funding round.
- Download the latest Research Staff Travel Prize application form (no other versions will be accepted)
- Read the guidance notes for applicants and discuss your application with your line manager/PI.
- Fully complete the application form and ensure all sections (including the statement of support) have been fully completed and signed. You must also include scanned copies of all quotations to illustrate the costs of travel. Incomplete and incorrectly completed applications will not be sent to the judging panel for consideration.
- Combine the application form and all supporting documents (quotes etc) into a single pdf document.
- Visit the Moodle application page and complete the online application.
- Upload your pdf document into your online application.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the Research Staff Travel Prize.
- Check and submit your application before the deadline.