Access world-class expertise
Being able to tap into the experience and knowledge of some of the world’s top academic experts can help to provide your organisation with a clear competitive advantage.
The University of Nottingham has an international reputation for research excellence and is able to provide access to leading minds, across a broad range of disciplines, who can provide practical and innovative solutions to issues facing organisations in both the private and public sector.
Locate an expert using our Expertise Guide
Nottingham University Consultants
Nottingham University Consultants (NUC) provide management, commercial and financial support to University staff carrying out external consultancy. NUC works with external clients to provide a bespoke service irrespective of the size or scope of the project. You also have the security of knowing that all work is fully covered by the University’s Professional Indemnity Insurance.
NUC will assist in identifying and locating the expertise you require from the University’s 3,000 academic and research staff and across our multidisciplinary research centres and institutes.
The University’s innovative research and high class facilities have supported the development of thousands of organisations.
- Engineering: including Architecture and Built Environment, Chemical and Environmental, Civil, Electrical and Electronic, and Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing
- Science: including Biosciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Pharmacy, Physics and Psychology
- Medicine: including Health Sciences, Life Sciences, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine and Science
- Social Sciences: including Business, Education, Geography, Law and Politics
- Arts: including History, Modern Languages and Philosophy
- Technical and creative expertise and solutions to industrial problems
- Acting as an expert witness
- Literature review
- Provision of expert analysis, interpretation and reports
- Feasibility studies including on R&D projects
- Briefings on technical or policy development
- External courses and workshops
- Serving on professional and government committees
- Consulting on collaborative and contract research projects
- Testing and analysis work combined with expert interpretation