The University of Nottingham Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans and Questioning (LGBTQ) Staff Network
Providing Information, Advice and Support to all LGBTQ staff
- Meets the second Tuesday of every month at 12.30pm.
- Part of the Nottingham Network, a collection of LGBTQ and straight ally organisations, that share information through a mailing list. The group also has a presence on Twitter.
- A regular presence at University Welcome Event stall fairs.
- Taken part in Nottinghamshire Pride since 2010 in both the march and hosting a stall.
- Involved in Nottinghamshire Police Independent Advisory Group
- Supports the University in compiling information for it's annual Stonewall Workplace Equality Index submission.
LGBTQ Staff Network Terms of Reference - March 2009
The LGBTQ Staff Network is for all staff employed by the University of Nottingham who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans or who are questioning their gender identity or sexuality. The LGBTQ Network recognises that people have a number of identities and can face challenges associated with their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion and age alongside their sexuality. The Network has been set up to welcome people from a diversity of backgrounds. The LGBTQ Network is run by people who identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans or who are questioning their identity and is supported by the Staff Equality and Diversity Advisory Group
The LGBTQ Network is coordinated by two co-convenors and meets regularly throughout the academic year in addition to its e-group forum.
The purpose of the Network is to:-
- Provide mutual support and representation for all LGBTQ staff regardless of their job family or whether they are on a permanent or temporary contract of employment.
- Facilitate LGBTQ staff experiencing difficulty due to their gender identity and sexuality to access confidential advice and support.
- Participate information and organise social activities to encourage participation of LGBTQ staff in the university community.
- Assist with policy development on LGBTQ issues within the University of Nottingham by providing advice and feedback to the Staff Equality and Diversity Advisory Group and Human Resources.
- Increase university wide understanding of LGBTQ issues by organising information-sharing events and advising on staff training.
- Strengthen the diversity agenda of the University of Nottingham by supporting initiatives to improve the recruitment and retention of LGBTQ staff.