Sino-UK Geospatial Engineering Centre
The Sino-UK Geospatial Engineering Centre (SUGEC) is a leading centre for implementing effective knowledge transfer between China and the UK in geospatial fields. The centre is a joint venture established by The University of Nottingham and the Chinese Academy of Surveying and Mapping, the research arm of China's National Administration of Surveying, Mapping and Geoinformation (NASG). The Sino-UK Geospatial Engineering Centre operates in both China and the UK. The Chinese arm of the centre was launched in December 2011 in Beijing. The UK part in Nottingham was launched in July 2012.
The centre will continue executive training for Chinese leaders working in surveying and mapping companies, in areas such as technology, management and business. The centre also aims to support long-term collaboration by integrating resources. It will act as a world-leading incubation centre to realise the results of research and development, production and commercialisation.
- A new score to accompany Dziga Vertov's 1929 silent film Man with a Movie Camera has been premiered by students in the Djanogly Recital Hall.
- The University of Nottingham environmental historian and ecotourism academic, Dr Rob Lambert, continued his connection to the hugely successful and popular BBC Springwatch brand, by doing live commentary for BBC Springwatch Extra (Red Button, twitter and online service) in two half-hour timeslots on 15 June 2016.
- ?On 8 June 2016, The University of Nottingham environmental historian & ecotourism academic, Dr Rob Lambert, was interviewed about tigers live on 'World Insight' a news and current affairs programme produced by China Central Television (CCTV) in Beijing.
- 29/04/2016 - 07/08/2016
- This exhibition, jointly curated by Dr Ross Balzaretti from The Department of History and Manuscripts and Special Collections, will take the visitor on a journey through the history of travel since the sixteenth century drawing on The University of Nottingham's rich archives.
- 29 - 30/06/2016
- This conference will aim to study the overall phenomenon of ancient professionalism in multiple forms and across a wide range of periods.