Are you working on a sustainability project or initiative at the University of Nottingham? We're looking to raise the profile of achievements across the University in the Green Gown Awards 2017.
Since 2004, the Green Gown Awards UK and Ireland have been recognising the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges across the UK. The Awards grow every year and have become established as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the further and higher education sector.
Last year, The University of Nottingham was shortlisted for two awards. In the Community category, Diamond Wood was recognised for its contribution to biodiversity and community outreach, and in the Continuous Improvement category, work encompassing a decade of sustainable transportation initiatives and achievements joined the finalists. In the Student Sustainability Champion category, former president of Enactus Nottingham Andy Stride was recognised with the prestigious award.
Applying for an Award can acknowledge your team's efforts, and also increase awareness about your sustainability projects, gain recognition from senior management and obtain UK recognition for your work. If you have a project you would like to share, you can get in contact with the Sustainability Team for further support. The applications close on 7 June.
There are fifteen categories of the Awards, recognising the diversity of sustainability initiatives across the education sector.
- Best Newcomer
- Carbon Reduction
- Community - inclusion in the International Green Gown Award
- Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change - inclusion in the International Green Gown Award Enterprise – NEW FOR 2017
- Employability – NEW FOR 2017
- Facilities and Services
- Food and Drink
- Learning and Skills
- Research and Development – Institution
- Student Engagement - inclusion in the International Green Gown Award
- Sustainability Reporting – awarded by PwC
- Research and Development – Student
- Sustainability Champion Award – Staff and Student
- Sustainability Professional Award
- Leadership Award
Find out more about the category criteria.
Posted on Thursday 27th April 2017