Computing facilities across The University of Nottingham are the responsibility of Information Services (IS). Students can access general IT facilities through a number of Information Services computer rooms located in the following places.
- the Cripps Computing Centre
- other IS sites across the University's campuses
All computers are connected to the University's network.
Computer rooms are available to all members of the University and many are open 24 hours a day. They contain:
- PC workstations
- laptop plug-in points
- wireless access
- printing facilities
Some of the larger rooms provide more specialised equipment, including:
- colour printing and photocopying
Halls of residence
Each study bedroom in the halls of residence has a data point enabling students to connect their own PC or laptop to the campus data network.
All students and staff will have their own University email address. This should be checked regularly as it is the address that official University information, including academic and social life is communicated.
Wireless access is available at over 500 points across the University’s campuses. These include:
- main public areas of buildings
- all libraries
- catering areas
- centrally provided teaching areas
- computer rooms
IT support is provided through:
- helplines for staff and students
- online guides to enable users to get the most from their computing facilities
- training in IT skills for students
- online tutorials for staff
Web development consultancy
Information Services also provide a web development consultancy to schools and departments to help them improve and maintain their own web presence.
For further information visit the Information Services website.