Welcome to the Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS)
Established in January 2010, CAS provides a centre of international research excellence in the Arts and Social Sciences.
The key ambitions for CAS are to:
- enhance the research culture, including KE and Impact objectives
- provide leadership on key challenges and strategic themes
- promote interdisciplinarity and serve as a bridge between researchers inside and outside the Faculties
- drive forward the internationalisation of the research environment, including collaborations with overseas campuses
These web pages offer an introduction to CAS and our research development and support services. Additional resources, such as exemplars of successful University of Nottingham led bids, are available on our workspace (staff only).
If you do not find the information you are looking for please contact our administrator at email@example.com.
November 2019: this site is being redesigned, please check back for updated information.
- B62 Law and Social Sciences Building
- Nottingham Globalisation Lecture (B62, L&SS)
- A64, Sir Clive Granger Building
- Trade and the spatial distribution of transport infrastructure (A64, SCGB)
See all events
- Students can diversify their degree course by choosing a language module for credits. We offer 10 credit modules in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Spanish. The levels range from Stage 1 (complete beginners) to Stage 6 (near native speaker competence). It is possible to improve existing skills or start a new language.
- The economic roots of populism
See all news
Follow us on Twitter