Welcome to the Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS)
The Centre for Advanced Studies for the Arts and Social Sciences (CAS) has provided support for research, knowledge exchange (KE) and Public Engagement (PE) across the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences since 2010. The CAS team provide expertise in identifying funding opportunities, developing applications and supporting academics in project design and budget development and includes Research Development Managers, Funding Officers and KE Officers. The CAS team has worked across disciplines to develop a range of external partnerships and an ambitious portfolio of KE and PE activities.
In 2021 the CAS team will be expanded to establish two dedicated Faculty research and KE development hubs to enable the disciplines in the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Social Sciences to grow their research and impact portfolios. To access the new Faculty Research Hubs please follow the links below (staff only):
Arts Research Hub
Social Sciences Research Hub
There is more general information on research support on the Research & Innovation sharepoint hub.
If you do not find the information you are looking for please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wars, taxation and representation: Evidence from five centuries of German history (zoom)
- A40 Sir Clive Granger Building
- The Fascist roots of migrant labour exploitation (A40, SCGB)
See all events
- Congratulations to Professor Heike Bartel and Professor Louise Mullany for their wins at the THE Awards 2021 - the "Oscars" of Higher Education.Two projects that demonstrate of the power of the arts and humanities to tackle contemporary challenges.
- Funding, training, networking. Application deadline 12 January 2022.
See all news
Follow us on Twitter