Welcome to the Centre for Advanced Studies
The Centre for Advanced Studies was established in January 2010 to provide a centre of international excellence in the Arts and Social Sciences.
The key ambitions for CAS are to:
- enhance the research culture within the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences
- provide leadership on key challenges and strategic themes
- promote interdisciplinarity and serve as a bridge between researchers inside and outside the Faculties
- drive forward the internationalisation of the research environment (including collaborations with overseas campuses)
- aid the adoption of research-led knowledge transfer and widen the potential impact of research
- enable post-graduates and early career researchers to engage in the Faculties’ research culture
To this end, CAS champions key research clusters and partnerships within its annual programme of activities to help build research capacity, and supports emerging research areas at Nottingham (link to current themes here).
CAS supports the growth of new research activity and can also offer the services of its established Research and Business Development staff and Funding Office to help the development of research projects.
These web pages offer an introduction to CAS and our research development and support services. If you do not find the information you are looking for please email our administrator Allison Pearson or call her on 0115 95 14838.
Spring 2018: this site is currently being redesigned, please check back for updated information.
- A44, Sir Clive Granger Building, University Park
- School of Geography seminar by Paul Nathanail, School of Geography, University of Nottingham.
- C43 Sir Clive Granger
- Cross-sectional effects of common and heterogeneous regressors on asymptotic properties of panel unit root tests (C43, SCBG)
See all events
- BBC Radio 4 Front Row special on the Nottingham cultural scene.
- Booking now open. Find out more about our courses, meet staff and students, explore funding and tour our fantastic facilities and campus!
See all news
Follow us on Twitter