For general enquiries, please email the School of Education and your enquiry will be passed to the appropriate person.
Research Fellow, Faculty of Social Sciences
Georgina is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Educational Leadership and Management. Having previously worked as a Cover Supervisor in primary schools, Georgina developed a keen interest in understanding the continued impact of academisation and its accountability structures on teachers, which led to a passion for the value of evidence led school improvement and leadership.
Georgina is an Associate Tutor on the MA Ed and MA ELM whereby she supervises students across a number of modules, inclusive of Practice Based Inquiry, Planning Educational Research, Issues in… read more
Georgina is currently working on:
- Evaluation of the WELL (Western Excellence in Learning and Leadership) programme, with Prof Toby Greany, Dr Mike Adkins (UoN), and Phllippa Cordingley/Bart Crisp (CUREE). 2021-2024. Funder Cumbria County Council.
Georgina is an Associate Tutor on the MA Ed and MA ELM whereby she supervises students across a number of modules, inclusive of Practice Based Inquiry, Planning Educational Research, Issues in Educational Leadership, and final research dissertations.
Prior to joining the University of Nottingham Georgina has taught on an MA in Education, mostly related to planning and undertaking action research, and a BA in Early Education (Uni of Greenwich).
1. EQuaLLS (Equity and Quality in Local Learning Systems), with Prof Toby Greany, Prof Andy Noyes, Dr Cath Gripton (UoN) and Dr Tom Cowhitt (Uni of Glasgow). 2021-2023. Funded by Wellcome Trust. See www.equalls.uk
2. EECERA Maths SIG's 'Mathematics and play' book - collected and analysed data for Dr Cath Gripton who has written a chapter.
3. PhD research - 'How is research being undertaken and managed within school alliances and multi-academy trusts (working with H.E institutions) in the context of a 'schools-led education system'?'
Georgina is currently exploring:
1. Middle leadership in a fully academised system.
2. The value of CPDL in the current education system.
Browser does not support script.
University of NottinghamJubilee CampusWollaton Road
Nottingham, NG8 1BB
Connect with the University of Nottingham through social media and our blogs.
Campus maps | More contact information | Jobs