Please click on the button above for a full list of courses.
The department is a leading centre of architecture and sustainable design technology and has a strong international reputation for interdisciplinary research.
Our courses are underpinned by research strengths in architecture, urban design, sustainable energy technologies, and our innovative work in green issues and sustainability. This means that the latest knowledge and practices can shape your learning, and give you the understanding and skills you need to pursue an exciting and rewarding career in practice or further research.
We are regularly ranked in the UK Top 10 for Architecture and Built Environment (QS World University Rankings, 2015, 2016).
The department has research and teaching specialisms in:
- Architectural humanities
- Architecture design
- Building technology
- Environmental design
- Culture and tectonics
- Urban design
- Energy and sustainability
You will have access to a range of outstanding teaching and research facilities, which include:
- Model making and 3D fabrication workshop
- Rapid prototype equipment and laser cutting
- Photographic studios
- Sustainable research building, demonstrating advanced techniques for environmentally responsible and sustainable construction
- Built environment resource room
- Industry supported Creative Energy Homes, showcasing innovative, energy efficient homes of the future
- CAD suites and design studios
- The Marmont Centre for Renewable Energy, equipped with a variety of technologies including photovoltaic panels, solar collectors, light pipes, wind turbines and ground source heat pumps
Careers and employability
- Nottingham named the best university in the UK for graduate employment for 2017, by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Nottingham ranked as the second most targeted university by the Times Top 100 Employers, according to High Fliers research in 2015 and 2016, and number one in 2014
Our award-winning careers service offers support for students within the Faculty of Engineering, offering advice, skills workshops, employer presentations, drop-in sessions and recruitment fairs.
The team have specialised knowledge of career fields popular with engineering students, and the expertise to guide you through choices and recruitment practices, to help improve your employability.
Scholarships and funding