Student Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Browse the Change of Circumstances page to find out more information about how changes of circumstances may affect your current study programme. If you have any further questions, please contact the relevant Student Services Centre.


I want to interrupt/withdraw/transfer course - what should I do?
Please follow these steps to submit your change of circumstance request.


Where will I find the relevant form?

Forms can be downloaded from the Quality Manual: interruption, withdrawal  and transfer of course.


How and where do I return the form?

As long as all relevant signatures are on the form, it can be returned to the Student Services Centre or sent electronically from your University email address. Undergraduate Medical School students and undergraduate Education students should return forms to their School Offices.


How will I be notified when my interruption to study/transfer/withdrawal has been processed?

You will receive an email confirmation when your request has been processed.



What are the financial implications of my change of circumstance?
Please review the financial implications section or contact the Financial Support team to discuss your circumstances.


Will you notify the Student Loans Company of my change of circumstances?

Yes, once your request has been processed, we will send an electronic notification to the SLC.  Please note that the SLC advise of their 4-6 week processing times so there will be a delay with your change of circumstance showing on your SLC account. You can also contact the SLC directly to notify them of the change.



How will my change of circumstance affect my student visa?

Please refer to for detailed information or contact Special Processes - Immigration to discuss your circumstances.




Student Services

Portland Building, University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Contact us