Information for overseas institutions and British Councils
The 2017/2018 examinations are scheduled as follows:
- Autumn Semester Examinations: Monday 15 January - Saturday 27 January 2018
- Spring Semester Examinations: Monday 21 May - Saturday 9 June 2018
- Resit Examination: Monday 20 August - Wednesday 29 August 2018
There are three Examination slots per day, starting at 09.00, 13:30 and 16:30 (UK time)
It is very important that the examination(s) take place simultaneously with the examinations in Nottingham whenever possible. However, in exceptional circumstances it may be possible to adjust the times if you have difficulty in meeting this requirement.
Full details of exact dates and times of the student's examination(s) will be sent to you after the examination timetable is published. This will be mid December, mid March and early August respectively.
Examination papers and stationery, plus any further instructions will be sent by DHL courier approximately one week before the start of the exam session as above. Please confirm receipt of examination papers to the Exams Office.
Students should make initial contact with their chosen venue; it is the student's responsibility to liaise with the overseas institution in relation to local arrangements and he/she should meet all local costs, so please contact the student with details of your charges.
Students should show their student ID card upon arrival at each examination they are due to take with you.
The instructions provide guidance to the conduct of the examinations but please note in particular the following:
- It is extremely important to note that candidates are not permitted to keep question papers. These should be collected at the end of the exam and returned to the UK with the completed script.
- Candidates are not allowed to take any papers, books or loose notes into the examination room, unless otherwise stated on the rubric.
- Candidates should only be allowed the amount of time specified on the paper.
- Please ensure that you are aware of procedures for invigilation of University of Nottingham examinations.
- It is extremely important you notify the Exams Office if a student does not attend an examination.
- After each examination has finished, please ensure each candidate has included their name, student ID and examination code on the front of their script.
- Scan the script immediately after each examination is completed and send the scanned script to the Exams Office.
- When all examinations are finished, return the original scripts, question papers and other stationery by courier. All original scripts should reach us by no later than one week after the end of each exam period.
- Please notify the Exams Office of the airway bill number when returning scripts.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Exams Office or by telephone (0115) 84 68591. Office hours are from 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.