Room exchanges and early departures

If you have found yourself in an exceptional circumstance, there are options available to you.  It may be possible to change your room type or hall during the year, although it can take considerable time and we would prefer to discuss ways that your problems can be resolved without a move. 

The Residential Experience Team (ResX Team) are on hand to support you in your halls of residence.Each Hall has a dedicated team available when you need help and advice around the variety of challenges that you may be facing. You can contact ResX on 0115 748 7600. 

Transfer Request Form

Please be aware that room transfers will not always be possible.

Room exchanges within your current hall


If you are in catered halls and want to transfer to another room, please submit your request to your Welcome Point. Room moves within hall are subject to a £50 fee as per Clause 14 of your Licence Agreement.


If you are in a University-arranged self-catered site and want to transfer to another room, please submit your request to the site management team. Please note there will normally be an associated transfer charge.


Room exchanges across halls and sites

 If you are in halls and want to move please submit our Transfer Request Form.  

  • To log your request with Accommodation Services please complete the online transfer request form.  
  • For room transfer requests from or to third party sites you will need a replacement for your licence as you will have a legally binding contract with your current accommodation provider and we will therefore need to match you with another student who wishes to move to your provider. 
  • Please note that we are unable to guarantee that we can resolve your transfer request as this will be dependant upon a number of factors.
  • Timeframes for assisting may vary considerably however if we have been unable to assist earlier you can expect an update on your request every four weeks. 


Early departures from licence/contract

If you are moving to non-University-arranged accommodation or leaving the University early please see below:

Accommodation managed by the University of Nottingham

Please visit our Request to Terminate Licence Guidelines

University-arranged self-catered site managed by UPP Broadgate Park, Unite, Derwent Students, Prestige Student Living, Student Roost or Campus Living Villages

Discuss your request with your site management team and they will advise you.

You should normally expect to continue to pay for the full year's accommodation fee.



Portland Building
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Talk to us on live chat from 9.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am to 4pm on Friday. Outside of these hours ask the Accommodation Bot a question

For more information visit our FAQ’s or Send Us An Enquiry