• Print

Paying your accommodation fees

To pay your accommodation fees, please follow the instructions outlined in your formal offer and below:

Information for payments for Broadgate Park (including Albion House and Cloister House), University Park, and Jubilee Campus

Payment is due from 4 September onwards and should be with us no later than 20 September so make sure you read the following instructions carefully:  

Student Loans

Student maintenance loans and grants are paid to you directly by the Student Loans Company into your bank account (as per the details you have provided them).  The Student Loans Company will provide you with a Payment Timetable so that you know what amount you will receive into your bank account each term.  Your accommodation fees in Term 1 are due on 4 September and should be with us no later than 20 September.  If this causes a problem you will need to email Student Account Services at as early as possible, head your email "Reliant upon Loan Funding", and provide a copy of the Payment Timetable by email attachment.  They will contact you with your alternative payment arrangement.

How to Pay

Information on how to pay your accommodation fees for Term 1 can be found on the Finance website including contact details for the Finance Team if you have any queries.  Please note Accommodation Services do not deal with payments of fees.

If you wish to pay online via the University portal you will require your IT username, however your IT username will not be available until you have completed your online registration which opens 3 weeks before your official course start date.  For most students this means registration will open on 4 September 2017.  Whilst payments are due on 4 September we would advise they should be with us no later than 20 September so if you cannot pay on the 4th September you still have plenty of time.  Please note that alternative methods of payment are also possible as detailed on the Finance Website.


Tier 4 Visa Applications
Students who are reliant upon securing a Tier 4 visa should not make any payment for their accommodation until the visa has been granted.  If a visa has not been secured by the first payment date please email Student Account Services at with the subject "Tier 4 Visa".




Information for payments for St Peters Court, Raleigh Park, or Bonington Hall

The deadline for term 1, as detailed in your offer, is due before your contract starts, so you need to make the necessary arrangements to pay before the beginning of term.  If you have any worries or problems, particularly if you are dependent upon Student Loan Funding, or have not secured your visa, then please contact your site provider direct to discuss possible payment plans:

Raleigh Park Email:

St Peters Court Email:

Bonington Hall Email:



International students applying for a Tier 4 student visa

International applicants who wil apply for a Tier 4 student visa should note that the visa process requires you to show that you have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses (including accommodation) in the UK.  The University does not include information on accommodation fees owed or paid in the CAS which is prepared for your visa application. These fields automatically show £0.00.

The International Office therefore recommend that you keep the money for your living expenses in your bank account until after your visa application has been processed and only pay for your accommodation once your visa has been granted.  Damage deposits required to secure the accommodation must still be paid, but will not be included in the CAS. Further information on the visa application process and the funds required to make a successful visa application can be found on the  International Office's website




If you have any worries or problems please speak to your site manager or for catered halls contact Student Account Services.  Contacts for our self-catered sites are listed in your offer and also on our contacts page





Portland Building
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 3697