Postgraduate masters degrees
Do you want to further specialise in what you love?
Whatever your career journey has been so far, undergraduate studies will have developed your ‘voice’. Postgraduate study will show you how to use it.
Postgraduate study in the arts and humanities is an enjoyable, thought-provoking, and rewarding journey. From exploring your subject in more depth, to gaining the professional and research skills needed for the next step in your career, we’re here to support you.
Types of courses
- MA - mainly taught through modules in the subject area. You will usually also write a dissertation of 12-15,000 words
- MRes - you will carry out a research project producing a dissertation (or equivalent) of approximately 30,000 words. You will also usually take some taught modules connected to your research area.
Explore our courses
Why choose postgraduate study?
- Professionalise your existing career
- Explore research, or gain the skills needed to move into academia
- Specialise in an area to suit you
- Get dedicated support through our Careers and Employability Service, who can help with finding placements and offering advice on application writing, alongside hosting employer events
Find out more about our staff specialisms