As a global leader of business, management and finance education we have been inspiring students for over 50 years.
Our outstanding programmes, and the support we offer, enable our students to excel in a global environment.
Teaching is underpinned by distinctive research which is recognised nationally and internationally.
Our commitment to internationalisation, sustainability and global awareness is evident in teaching across all programmes.
What are our specialisms?
Across our MBA and MSc programmes we specialise in teaching:
- innovation and entrepreneurship
- sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- operations management - we have one of the UK’s largest teams of teaching experts in this field
We are the only UK business school to offer courses in entrepreneurship to all our undergraduate students in the UK, China and Malaysia.
We take seriously our responsibility to educate future business leaders to take a broader ethical and societal perspective on business practice and finance. We integrate these issues into all our programmes.
How is our teaching structured?
Students are taught through a balanced mix of conventional lectures, small groups, project teams, and one-to-one tutorials. Our teaching staff are very accessible and our students find that staff are approachable. All programmes offer the chance to study abroad.
Who are students taught by?
Students are taught by leading thinkers and experts who are credited with widely published and influential research. Our faculty has strong links with a large number of key businesses so that students benefit from their business experience.
Teaching is enhanced by visiting business experts
Our teaching is underpinned by the input of business leaders. Some of our courses are informed by industry professionals. Practising entrepreneurs mentor our undergraduates with their enterprise projects, while practitioner engagement is central to many of our MBA courses.
The University of Nottingham has been awarded gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework, providing our students with teaching of the very highest quality.
The staff are first-class. They’re not only extremely supportive but also conduct interesting and relevant research. This adds real value to the lectures.
Darren Coleman - MSc Marketing
Learning beyond the classroom
Students have many opportunities to broaden their skills and experience by attending talks, taking part in community projects or simply networking with other students.
- The Nottingham Advantage Award focuses on developing career skills, mentoring, cultural awareness, entrepreneurship and volunteering. It is an innovative way of building on extracurricular opportunities to help students improve their employability
- Renowned business people our invited to speak to our students and alumni as part of our Business Leaders Series. This is a great networking opportunity
- Doctoral students have regular seminars with leading international scholars
- MBA students benefit from a business practice week, overseas business study tours and a company-based project
- The BSc Accountancy Flying Start provides opportunities for undergraduates to work with PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- MSc students can participate in research partnerships with businesses both in the UK and overseas
Find out more