Objectives and Principles
The Global Centre for Banking and Financial Innovation strategic objectives are:
1. to further strengthen the position of the Centre as a global think-tank in the area of banking and financial services by:
- raising the profile of GCBFI
- enhancing the development of partnerships with leading corporations and institutions
- advancing knowledge in the related research areas of banking and financial services
- improving the research potential and capacity of GCBFI to carry out, support and manage overall research activities.
2. to become the centre of excellence in financial innovation by:
- attracting international talent in fintech in financial services to become a leading global hub for basic and applied research
- promoting teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in fintech
- providing insight and commentary focused on financial services consumers and institutions.
3. to encourage interdisciplinary research activities by:
- conducting and facilitating research with interdisciplinary researchers and centres
- increasing research activities that address broader socio-economic problems
- participating in long-term research projects.
4. to promote the sustainability of GCBFI and encourage its future growth by:
- attracting high calibre international academics who seek to be involved on a full or partial basis in world-leading research
- promoting staff research mobility
- preparing a new generation of academics through PhD programmes and international PhD exchange programmes
- being involved in research grants, consultancy activities and potential executive courses
- promoting and disseminating research outputs and activities in the media
The GCBFI activities are performed under the following principles:
- An engagement in developing and transferring new innovative methods from basic research into applied research.
- The research integrity and ethics that guarantee the highest standard of protocols imposed on all research activities.
- The identification of common themes and research synergies in order to fully maximize research capacity in terms of skills, financial resources and dedication
- Openness to extensive international inclusiveness and collaboration.
- The openness and the integration of different research views and opinions to deliver the research outcomes.