Implementing Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Your Business
This masterclass will provide you with the tools and techniques to drive artificial intelligence (AI) advantage within your organisation.
About the masterclass
Artificial Intelligence is being applied across industries to enhance and enrich human systems in a variety of fields from research, customer engagement, knowledge management, supply chain insight and investment strategies.
The programme will give delegates the tools to:
- lead an AI programme of transformation in your business
- create an AI implementation roadmap to pitch to your Board/ CEO
This online programme consists of 4 modules taken over 4 days.
There will be some practical pre-reading about new business digital models to get you oriented before the programme.
Who should attend this masterclass?
The Implementing AI in your business programme has been designed for senior decision makers and leaders who want to create and realise opportunities for their business using AI.
Participant fee: £699 - discounts available for cohort numbers.
Exclusive 50% discount to all University of Nottingham Alumni - Fee: £350
Please contact Michelle Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about discounts.
The programme will be co-delivered by Dr Duncan Shaw, Lecturer in Information Systems at Nottingham University Business School and Phil Westcott who is the CEO of Filament a top 100 AI consultancy company and is also an Entrepreneur-in Residence at Nottingham University Business School.
Dr Duncan Shaw
Duncan is a Lecturer in Information Systems at Nottingham University Business School and his research and consultancy interests include AI and Big Data strategy, Digital Services and Business Ecosystems.
Duncan has more than 25 years’ experience of service innovation and business transformation projects for clients including Xerox, Coca-Cola, Danone, Shell, medium sized firms, central government departments and local government.
Duncan was the Customer Satisfaction Manager for the EMEA region of a $2 billion division of Motorola and now he consults to private companies and public sector organisations, and lectures on digital innovation.
Phil has a 20-year career in applied technology, and a decade building AI enterprise capability. Phil is CEO of Filament AI, a 36-person team of enterprise AI specialists with offices in London and Toronto, and overseen over 140 AI delivery projects in the last 4 years. As such, he brings a rich and hugely practical experience of building strategic advantage for your business through the shrewd adoption of AI.
Phil is an Entrepreneur-in-residence at Nottingham University Business School, advising business owners on how to leverage AI technology to enhance their business model. He is a former executive at IBM, leading the IBM Watson platform in Europe, their Smarter Cities business in Southeast Asia and co-launching the IBM global IoT platform services practice.
Phil is a Chartered Engineer, and holds an MBA from IESE and Columbia business schools.
Register for this masterclass
Masterclass structure and content
Changing your strategy to use AI
- Introduction to AI and its value proposition for your business
- Building an AI capability in your organisation: processes, AI ops, people & skills mix, AI organisation design, culture & metrics/rewards
- Building an AI strategy and adjusting your business model to add AI capabilities
- Breakout work: adjusting your business model Feedback from instructors
- Template for developing your AI strategy
Two week gap: delegates work on developing their AI strategy with faculty support
Deploying AI in your company
- Journey Analysis: Making a use case analysis for employing AI and digital capabilities
- Breakout work: individual Journey Analyses and discussion with instructors on development work during gap week
- Organisation design and projects to suit your organisational level of data / AI maturity
- Building your road map to pitch to your Board/CEO – road map template supplied
- Breakout work: working on your road map
- Feedback from instructors
Register for this masterclass