Why Study Here?
Our Business Schools in Nottingham, China and Malaysia are all EQUIS accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). We are an international leader in finance and management education and a research pioneer in entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability.
We currently have students from 52 countries studying on our MSc programme, bringing a global perspective to key business issues.
Right at the heart of England, Nottingham is a vibrant and versatile city with a national reputation for nurturing new business growth.
Our Business School is located on Jubilee Campus close to the city centre and University Park Campus. Nottingham is:
- one of the safest places for an evening out in the UK (endorsed by the Purple Flag award for safety)
- a lively city with hundreds of places to eat, drink and socialise
- recognised for its excellent shopping, theatres, concert halls, cinemas and international sports facilities
- UNESCO's City of Literature
- Sport England's first City of Football
- just 1 hour 30 minutes from London on the fastest trains
The University of Nottingham has award-winning campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia and is part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities.
Nottingham is in the top 100 universities worldwide in the QS World Rankings 2018.
Whether you're studying at our Business Schools in Nottingham, China or Malaysia, you will learn alongside students from all over the world, giving you a global outlook. This broad view is especially important in business education.
The University has a:
- global reputation for teaching and research excellence
- population of over 43,000 students
- thriving community of international students from more than 150 countries
We ranked 6th for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework and you will be taught by academics who are experts in their fields.
You will have access to a number of our leading research centres including:
Our teaching has won gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework and we have a global reputation for teaching and research excellence.
Our outstanding programmes, and the support we offer, enable our students to excel in a global environment. Teaching is underpinned by distinctive research which is recognised nationally and internationally.
Our commitment to internationalisation, sustainability and global awareness is evident in teaching across all programmes.
Through a combination of your academic studies and the careers support we offer, you will be in an excellent position to pursue your next career move.
The University of Nottingham is consistently one of the top choices for graduate recruitment among UK employers in the annual High Fliers report.
Our MSc graduates have been employed by companies including Accenture, Amazon, Bank of China, Barclays, Capital One, China Construction Bank, Del Monte, Deloitte, EY, HSBC, Maersk, PwC, Shanghai Commercial Bank, Siemens, Sky, United Nations, and 3M.
While studying an MSc you will meet business representatives, gain practical experience, and have an opportunity to put business theory into practice.
- Our Business Leaders Series attracts top business people to share their expertise and experience
- Our Financial Minds speaker series brings experts from the finance and financial services sectors to give talks to students, staff and alumni
- We work closely with a range of placement schemes, community engagement initiatives and organisations to maximise your opportunities for gaining experience and exposure to business practice
- We have partnered the Department for International Trade's Postgraduate Students for International Business Scheme to connect local businesses with students who can offer language skills and in-country knowledge to support overseas market entry and development
More than 17,000 Business School alumni in 110 countries connect you to a powerful global network of business contacts.
Whether you want to share ideas, develop your professional network, inspire the next generation or simply stay in touch with former classmates and tutors, your global alumni community enables you to stay permanently connected.
A dedicated alumni team also offers a wide range of benefits and services to help you in your personal and career development including advice and support, access to online vacancies (whether seeking new opportunities or recruiting), exclusive networking events and activities, free online business resources, tailor-made executive education programmes for your company, and a range of selected membership opportunities.