Placement years are a great way to put your learning into practice, and there are a host of other reasons why doing a placement is beneficial:
- Improve your employment prospects
- Create industry contacts and develop professional networks
- Understand different sectors of business to tailor your future career choices
- Gain real industry experience
- Some students even get job offers after a placement for when they graduate
The year in industry takes place between years two and three of your degree, adding an additional year to your degree course.
You will be guided through the process by the School Placement Team, who will help you secure a suitable placement, and offer support throughout the year.
You become an employee of your chosen organisation, while remaining a fully registered student. You pay a reduced tuition fee to the University, are eligible to apply for student finance and in most cases receive a salary.
We will support you to integrate back into your course including co-ordinating module choices and projects as appropriate for your programme.
Nottingham University Business School is always keen to work with new organisations who wish to employ our students or develop new and innovative partnerships.
How will a placement student benefit my business?
- Get the top talent – The University of Nottingham is consistently in the top 10 most targeted universities by employers (The Graduate Report 2019)
- New faces, new ideas – Our students can give you new innovative ideas and perspectives within your workplace.
- Skills and support – Our students work as real employees able to bring their knowledge and theory into practice.
Contacting the Placement Team
Nottingham University Business School has a dedicated placement team who work closely with our Careers and Employability Service.
For more information on placements please contact:
Jack Kavanagh - Placement Year Manager
0115 846 6604
Jackie Andrews - Skills and Development Manager
Business School North
Nottingham University Business School
University of Nottingham