Skills Access Hub
Work with us to equip your business with the skills to recruit, retain and develop early talent, that will aid graduate retention in the region.
What is the Skills Access Hub?
The Skills Access Hub is a project designed to support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) within our region to access knowledge and skills from a range of providers including Futures for Business, the City Council, Nottingham College and Vision West Nottinghamshire College. Find out more about the project.
We’re proud to work in partnership with Nottingham City Council to deliver the Skills Access Hub to support SMEs across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
We offer a free bespoke package that includes recruitment and training to help you close the skills gaps, scope out skills needs, and how to develop, recruit and retain relevant opportunities for graduates and students.
The University of Nottingham is currently ranked number two in the list of universities targeted by top employers in the High Fliers “Graduate Labour Market” 2021 report. This is a testament to our commitment to build positive and proactive business partnerships with top employers and our ability to provide our students and graduates with the right skills needed for today’s workforce.
We’re happy to work with all organisations including charities and voluntary organisations.
How can we support your organisation?
We can support your organisation with activities such as:
- Accessing funding opportunities
- Developing engaging job adverts and providing opportunities to promote your organisation on campus
- Streamlining recruitment processes to identify high calibre candidates
- Creating bespoke recruitment packages that are tailored to your organisation requirements
- Implementing processes that help you to get the most out of interns or graduates in the workplace
- Navigating international student visa sponsorship
- Attracting a talent pool that helps to diversify your organisation
- Accessing regular workshops and tailored online content and resources
- Navigating the wider University and introductions to the University’s Executive Education team
All skills advice and support from our expert team is free. Our Business Engagement Officer will work with you one-to-one to help identify the skills and talent that your organisation needs. They will help you to develop relevant opportunities that will keep your organisation ahead of the curve.
Hear from people we've worked with
"I was surprised at how easy the Skills Access Hub project was for us to participate in! I would encourage other local SMEs to sign up for the project, as the team has been very supportive. They have some resources to help with recruiting too."
Shan Wang, Blue Whale Spa Group
"The Skills Access Hub has made everything straightforward which has alleviated stress for us as a business. The support has been excellent!
Their communication has also been great from the initial set up of job adverts to claiming funding for a summer internship, and to have a graduate join our team.
We have been really impressed by the Skills Access Hub, and will not hesitate to contact them again.”
Nikki Brocklehurst, Project Coordinator at S&L Electrical LTD
Is my organisation eligible?
For your organisation to be eligible for the Skills Access Hub you must have:
- Less than 250 employees
- An annual turnover under EUR 50 million or an annual balance sheet that is less than EUR 43 million
- No more than 25% of the organisation must be owned by an organisation that in itself is not an SME
Get in touch
If you would like an informal consultation to find out more about the Skills Access Hub or are keen to know more about our services then please email a member of our team.
"As the Business Engagement Officer, I support SMEs with recruiting, training, and retaining students and graduates in the local area through the Skills Access Hub. The project is designed to give SMEs with offices in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire the skills to build a foundation on recruiting early talent and helping them navigate the wider university for resources that will help them grow."
Join us on LinkedIn