Skills Access Hub
Work with us to equip your business with the skills to recruit, retain and develop early talent, that will aid graduate retention in the region.
What is the Skills Access Hub?
The Skills Access Hub is a project designed to support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) within our region to access knowledge and skills from a range of providers including Futures for Business, the City Council, Nottingham College and Vision West Nottinghamshire College. Information about the full project can be found here.
We’re proud to work in partnership with Nottingham City Council to deliver the Skills Access Hub to support SMEs across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
We offer a free bespoke package that includes recruitment and training to help you close the skills gaps, scope out skills needs, and how to develop, recruit and retain relevant opportunities for graduates and students.
The University of Nottingham is ranked 4th in the Good University Guide for ‘Universities Targeted by Top Employers.’ This is a testament to our commitment to build positive and proactive business partnerships with top employers and our ability to provide our students and graduates with the right skills needed for today’s workforce.
We’re happy to work with all organisations including charities and voluntary organisations.
How can we support your organisation?
We can support your organisation with activities such as:
- Accessing funding opportunities
- Developing engaging job adverts and providing opportunities to promote your organisation on campus
- Streamlining recruitment processes to identify high calibre candidates
- Creating bespoke recruitment packages that are tailored to your organisation requirements
- Implementing processes that help you to get the most out of interns or graduates in the workplace
- Navigating international student visa sponsorship
- Attracting a talent pool that helps to diversify your organisation
- Accessing regular workshops and tailored online content and resources
- Navigating the wider University and introductions to the University’s Executive Education team
- Streamlining recruitment processes to identify high calibre candidates.
All skills advice and support from our expert team is free. Our SME engagement officer will work with you one-to-one to help identify the skills and talent that your organisation needs. They will help you to develop relevant opportunities that will keep your organisation ahead of the curve.
Hear from people we've worked with
"The Skills Access Hub has made everything straightforward which has alleviated stress for us as a business. The support has been excellent!
Their communication has also been great from the initial set up of job adverts to claiming funding for a summer internship, and to have a graduate join our team.
We have been really impressed by the Skills Access Hub, and will not hesitate to contact them again.”
Nikki Brocklehurst, Project Coordinator at S&L Electrical LTD
Is my organisation eligible?
For your organisation to be eligible for the Skills Access Hub you must have:
- Less than 250 employees
- An annual turnover under EUR 50 million or an annual balance sheet that is less than EUR 43 million
- No more than 25% of the organisation must be owned by an organisation that in itself is not an SME
If you would like an informal consultation to find out more about the Skills Access Hub or are keen to know more about our services then please email a member of our team.
"As the SME Engagement Officer, I support SMEs with recruiting, training, and retaining students and graduates in the local area through the Skills Access Hub. The project is designed to give SMEs with offices in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire the skills to build a foundation on recruiting early talent and helping them navigate the wider university for resources that will help them grow."
"As the Business Development Officer for the Careers and Employability Service, I support employers to recruit our talented students and graduates across all faculties and programmes. I help local, national and global employers, of any size, to build relationships with the University and to market opportunities.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss a business idea, promote opportunities, raise brand awareness, or directly recruit students and graduates."
Telephone: 07973 871209
Alternatively you can complete the expression of interest form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Join us on LinkedIn: