This page lists selected resources for Asia including sources of vacancies as well as information on living and working in particular countries.
It also has dedicated sections on China and Malaysia, where The University of Nottingham has international campuses.
While we do not have country-specific expertise, our staff can offer advice on putting together an effective job-hunting strategy to seek work abroad.
Passport Career is a great resource for students thinking about a global career.
Accessible only to current students and graduates at The University of Nottingham, you will find advice and guidance on over 80 countries, have access to monthly webinars and get career, CV, application and cultural advice.
Countries covered - Azerbaijan, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
Free online learning resources for Chinese students studying in the UK
- Prepare2GetAhead - this online resource explores how to plan your future and provides a step-by-step approach to develop your own career plan. Find out how to make the most of your time at university, explore your options and gain relevant skills and experiences.
- Innovate2GetAhead - this online resource focuses on innovation skills and how to develop an innovative mind-set. Whether you are looking to go on and work for an organisation, develop your own family business or looking to start your own business, this resource will help.
Graduate job market in China
- British Council China - UK Alumni - register if you have studied at an institution in the UK or for a UK qualification elsewhere for events, job vacancies and career development
- GradLinkChina - for Chinese students and graduates who have studied at an UK university. There's an employer directory, a guide to industry sectors and placements
- Campus China Chinese Talent Board - opportunities for Chinese students and graduates; searchable by type of vacancy, employer and subject studied. Registration needed for full access to information
- Joint University Hong Kong Careers Service (JUCS) - connect Hong Kong students in the UK with employers at home and organise events.
- LockIn China - information on job vacancies, events, the Chinese job market and helpful tips for people looking to start a career in China
This distinctive three-week programme offers the opportunity to interact with Chinese students, academic staff, local families and businesses, providing profound access to this fascinating country. Throughout the programme you will be immersed in a vibrant campus environment at a leading Chinese university, ensuring that your Study China experience is truly unforgettable.
You will complete an intensive Chinese Mandarin course designed to develop your written and spoken language skills.
The Study China Programme is managed by The University of Manchester and funded by the UK Government Department for Education.
Returning home to China
If you are returning home to either of these countries after studying in the UK and feel as though you will need continued support, you can also contact our Careers team in China for support with CVs, applications and interview technique.
Contact our China Careers team on Ren Ren
Contact our China Careers team on Weibo
Graduate job market in Malaysia
Kohila Palanisamy, our Global Labour Market Executive, provides tips for returning Malaysian students looking for graduate employment.
Widening your job search
Use additional sources of vacancies and country guides selected by our staff for more information on job markets and opportunities abroad.
Opportunities in the Study, Work, Create section
Information on international companies
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
List of foreign embassies in the UK and information on travel and visas
Global Career Company
Recruitment consultancy specialising in Asia Pacific, African, MENA and Central European candidates
GradLink ASEAN - for students and graduates from Southeast Asia who are studying in the UK
Guide to working in Singapore, including graduate jobs and internships
Jobs board from The Careers Group
Details of international and national companies
Careers resources for China, India, Malaysia and Singapore
Careers resources for China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, South Korea and Sri Lanka
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Careers Advisory Service
List of selected job portals for Malaysia and Singapore
World Chambers Network (WCN)
Database of chambers of commerce and boards of trade around the world
For information on teaching in international schools worldwide, visit our Teaching page.