Are you passionate about technology and looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be an integral part of a growing, talented team of people? If you want to work alongside a dynamic team of people who are committed to delivering unique solutions, an internship at GeoSLAM is for you.
GeoSLAM are the experts in 3D mobile mapping. Our unique 'go-anywhere' technology is adaptable to all environments especially spaces that are indoor, underground or difficult to access, providing accurate 3D mapping without the need for GPS. GeoSLAM was founded in 2012 as a joint venture between CSIRO (Australia’s National Science Agency and the inventors of Wi-Fi) and 3D Laser Mapping.
Headquartered in the UK, GeoSLAM has an expanding network of distributors, with a presence in 50 countries across six continents. We design and manufacture 3D geospatial technology solutions that deliver rapid results and save customers time and money. With our handheld, lightweight and easy-to-use scanners, customers can build a highly accurate 3D model of any environment within minutes.
Our robust solutions are underpinned by award-winning software that captures and models complex 3D data up to 10 times faster – anywhere. Designed for surveyors, engineers and geospatial professionals, and serving the surveying, engineering, mining, forestry, facilities and asset management sectors, our technology is now used globally by anyone interested in quickly and accurately creating a digital twin of their world.
We aim to be the global market leader in autonomous 3D mapping technology.
What can you expect from us?
- An amazing opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing, high-tech company
- A 'can do' culture where you will be encouraged to get involved in a range of exciting initiatives and to introduce new ideas
- A warm, welcoming environment based at the edge of the countryside with free car parking and good transport links
- You will have access to modern software technologies and algorithms running on Windows and Linux platforms, and advanced hardware solutions
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- The opportunity to learn from our partner company CSIRO in Australia, working alongside world-leading scientists and researchers
Length of opportunity: Eight weeks minimum
Salary/hourly rate: £10 per hour
As GeoSLAM continues to grow, we are looking for talented front end web developers to join our successful and growing team to help us further enhance our products, contributing to developing the world’s leading SLAM technology, which is changing the landscape of the mapping industry.
Your main duties will be:
- To interface with local services, remote web services and third-party tools and utilities.
- Adding features to the point cloud visualisation interface (three.js, WebGL)
- Enable uploading datasets from our desktop application to our cloud platform (node.js, ReactJS, html, CSS)
- Implementing an auto-update mechanism in our desktop application (electron, node.js, ReactJS, html, CSS)
We are looking for people who are excited about the opportunities ahead and being part of a growing company, working at the leading edge of SLAM innovation.
- Ideally we would like candidates to be working towards a degree in a computer science or with a background in mathematics, physics or 3D
- Graphics with web development experience
- Proficient with distributed version control (ideally git)
- Experience using 3rd party APIs and SDKs
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- User experience design knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with 3D Data, 3D visualisation, three.js or WebGL
- Experience with JIRA / Jenkins
- Experience or skills with Electron, PHP, MySQL, Python
- Experience developing web service APIs (REST)
- Experience working on Linux servers, in particular Ubuntu
- Understanding and experience of deploying robust, tested, code to an international customer base hosted in a cloud-computing environment.