Islamic Student Activities
There are a number of different activities for Muslim students, which are coordinated and organised through the Islamic Society at the University of Nottingham. The Islamic Society website gives details of activities for Muslim students, and also a prayer timetable.
The Islamic Society (ISOC) represents and caters for the spiritual and social needs of the Muslim students, staff and associates of the University of Nottingham. The aims of the society are:
- To invite all to the path of Allah with wisdom and beautiful preaching.
- To educate and support Muslims in their studies, whether relating to traditional Islamic sciences, contemporary and historical issues or academic studies.
- Develop clear avenues where members can get involved in the Islamic Society to the extent that they desire.
- To provide a variety of quality services to both Muslims and Non-Muslims
- To strengthen the brotherhood and sisterhood by fostering an environment that is conducive to Muslims fulfilling their duties
- To constantly review the long-terms strategy of the society, evolving and responding where necessary
- To strive to always act in accordance with the injunctions of the Quran and Sunnah.