School of CLAS Masters Studentships
These financial awards are for students who intend to do an on-site Masters in the School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies (CLAS).
Applications for the Scholarship have closed for 2022 entry.
We expect to have them available again for 2023 entry. If you are interested in applying please check again in early 2023.
What the award covers
- The equivalent of home tuition fees in the School of CLAS for one year full-time or two years part-time (subject to satisfactory progress)
- A stipend of £9000 per annum (pro rata part-time, subject to satisfactory progress)
- Please note: as the award covers the equivalent of Home level of tuition fees, successful students with an International fee status will be required to pay the difference between the Home level and the International level of tuition fees
These awards are available to outstanding students who:
- wish to do an on-site Master’s degree (MA or MRes) in a department of the School of CLAS:
- have Home or International fee status
These scholarships are intended to provide a route into PhD study. It is crucial that applicants make a clear case for how the Masters will lead to an intended PhD programme. The studentships do not guarantee subsequent doctoral funding, for which a separate application must be made.
How to apply
Step 1: Find your course
CLAS Masters courses
Step 2: Apply for your course
See our masters application information.
Step 3: Apply for funding
Application form and guidance notes will be available when applications open.
Funding application documents
These will be available for 2023 entry when applications open.