May Fest is The University of Nottingham's annual open day for the community, alumni and friends.
The event aims to open up the University to the local community, and invite former students back, in order to give them an insight into our research through a wide range of free, interactive and educational activities.
The May Fest brand
The May Fest brand concept differentiates the community open day from the University's student recruitment open days.
The use of a less corporate identity also helps to engage the wider community and reflects the event's aim of opening up the University and its work to local residents.
- Local residents and wider general public
- Current University of Nottingham students and staff
Marketing communications mix
- Campaign website
- Print collateral - leaflets, posters, programme on the day
- Outdoor posters
- Railing banners
- Student-targeted communications - intranet, portal, plasma screens, enewsletters
- Staff-targeted communications - In The Loop, Registrar's newsletter
- E-shots - emails, enewsletters
- Social media activity