The Postgraduate Student Recruitment Team sits within Communications and Marketing and is responsible for marketing the University and its courses to prospective postgraduate students.
Our main aims are:
- to generate applications from high-quality postgraduate students
- to convert those that apply and receive an offer to registered students at the University
- to reinforce the University's brand messages to build and enhance its reputation and brand awareness
Our target market
Our primary focus is UK students, but we work closely with the International Office to ensure all our materials are relevant and suitable for the wider international market. The International Office delivers a range of targeted materials, both on and offline, aimed at recruiting international postgraduates.
We work closely with UK Recruitment and Events, Admissions and colleagues across the University to ensure our campaigns are targeted and timely. We also work with Faculty Marketing and Communications Managers, schools, departments and institutes to design and deliver campaigns specific to them.
We support recruitment onto all postgraduate taught and research courses, including the University's doctoral training programmes.
Overall recruitment campaigns and activity includes:
- developing and managing a University-wide postgraduate campaign style
- developing and delivering electronic campaigns to help generate applications and improve conversion
- collaborating with Faculty Marketing and Communications Managers to support faculty, school and departmental student recruitment
Core activity to generate applications includes:
- maintaining and developing the online postgraduate prospectus
- planning, delivering and monitoring advertising in key online and hardcopy publications
- producing core postgraduate materials, including the accommodation flyer and the annual hardcopy postgraduate study guide
- using a variety of channels to communicate the benefits of postgraduate study, including digital and social media
Core activity to convert applications to registered students includes:
- planning, delivering and adapting a conversion activity aligned with the overall PG campaign
- maintaining and developing the postgraduate applicant's area and related pages
- designing conversion communications, including the Supporting Your Success Brochure
- running digital newsletters targeted at prospective taught and research students
Core recruitment events include:
- hosting, attending and promoting the annual Russell Group Postgraduate Study Roadshow (November)
- organising a University-wide postgraduate taught event for offer holders (conversion event in March)
- attendance at Postgraduate Study and Careers Fairs throughout the UK (variety)
- supporting postgraduate requirements for the virtual open day
For more information or to find out how external relations/marketing can help you please get in touch:
The University of Nottingham
C Floor, Pope Building (Rooms C2-C10)
Nottingham, NG7 2RD
telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 5151
fax: +44 (0) 115 846 6787
Alternatively, you can contact a member of staff by looking up their details either through the External Relations team page or the staff look up.