Beginners' Mandarin - a free taster course
Anyone with an in interest in China and the Chinese language will benefit from our three-week online Mandarin taster course.
This free course provides a brief introduction to the Chinese language, its scripts and sounds, and how words are formed. It will not only introduce the learners to some basic Mandarin, but also help them gain an insight into Chinese soceity and culture. The course assumes no previous experience of speaking Chinese.
Date and time: 12:30-13:15 on Wednesdays 23 March, 30 March and 6 April
Venue: Online via ZOOM
On successful completion of the three sessions, students will be able to:
- demonstrate an awareness of the varieties of the Chinese language
- use Pinyin, the Mandarin phonetic system
- exchange simple greetings
- introduce themselves and a third party
- ask and respond to simple questions, order food etc.
- write some simple Chinese characters
- understand some basic Chinese etiquette and customs
How to register
Book your free place by Midnight Sunday 20 March 2021.
Places are offered on a first come first served basis. Limited places are available. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Details on how to join the online lessons will be circulated to all registered attendees on Monday 21 March.
For enquiries and further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org