The University of Nottingham is proud of the incredible accomplishments, both large and small, that its staff and students make every day. And we want you to be proud of them to.
The 'Proud to be' web pages have been designed to celebrate these achievements and highlight the positive changes the University is undertaking to make them possible.
Read on to find out what has been achieved recently, or if you achieved something special at University or know someone who deserves recognition - let us know!
Proud to be Nottingham
Recent achievements from students, staff and alumni include...
- The Nottingham University Rowing Club is now awaiting confirmation that it set a new Guinness World Record for sustainable energy generation, after a 24-hour rowing marathon to mark the launch of Impact: The Nottingham Campaign.
- 2011 graduate, Dave Jackson is nominated for the Student Journalist of the Year at the Mind Media Awards for his Impact magazine article - The Hidden Clique.
* The featured achievements listed here will be updated regularly, for more please visit our Proud To Be Achievements page.
The University is also able to boast some incredible accomplishments:
- We’re in the top 1% of universities in the QS World University rankings thanks to our research, teaching quality, graduate employability and internationalisation.
- We are one of the top 10 universities most often targeted by Britain's leading graduate employers, according to The Graduate Market 2011.
- We’re ranked seventh in the UK for research power, and raised £150 million of research funding during 2010.
- Nearly 230 Students' Union societies Athletic Union clubs are on offer, with our sports teams consistently ranked in the top ten of the national BUCS rankings.
- We're also the world's most environmentally friendly University (UI GreenMetric World University Ranking 2011).
Teaching and learning
- Requirement for feedback to be made available to students for all examinations.
- All coursework to be returned to students within 28 days in normal circumstances.
- An expanded Nottingham Advantage Award and re-modeled Careers and Employability Service.
Resources and facilities
- A £90m redevelopment of University Park, added new Maths, Engineering and Humanities facilities.
- New Student Service Centres at Jubilee and Sutton Bonington Campus.
- PC Finder service launched – making it easier to locate available PCs across our UK campuses.
Stay in touch
As well as current staff and students, The University of Nottingham is incredibly proud of our alumni, who include Nobel Prize winners, international sports stars, famous authors and the head of MI6.
Once you have left the University please keep in touch and let us know what you go onto achieve. As an Alumni you can benefit from the continued use of our careers service, a range of discounts and invitations to events and reunions held across the globe.
To find out more, visit our Alumni web page.