Sphere Programme funding
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Sphere programme for 20/21 is being launched later than anticipated and offers an opportunity to apply for funding which will deliver change through Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) activity.
The types of activities, for which funding in the range of £100-£500 may be requested, include:
- specific events which allow participants to explore particular issues relating to EDI in more depth
- initiatives which change the way that we normally do things in our work or study, such as a new intervention to support students
- recent experiences of life during the pandemic that may have generated new ideas to explore
- virtual training activities or a seminar
- purchase of external resources for use in teaching or training
Criteria for applications
Applications should be aligned to at least one of the University’s four EDI themes:
- Demonstrable equality in experience for all of our staff and students
- Strengthen our diversity and improve inclusion across student and staff communities
- Excellence and ambition in delivery of embedded Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- The University, Nottingham, and our Global Community
In addition, projects may align to the Sphere challenges identified by Faculties and Professional Services.
Research projects with impact outside of the University will also be considered if there is evidence of broader value to the global community.
You can find further information about the review process here and can apply for funding using the online form below.
Apply for Sphere funding
Completed applications should be submitted by 12pm on Friday 29 January. All funds must be spent by Thursday 1 July 2021.