Congratulations to Dr Anne Emerson who has been awarded a Lord Dearing Award for the quality of her teaching.
A Dearing Award is highly valued within the University and acknowledges the world-class input of staff in creating a student learning environment which is nurturing on the one hand, but, on the other, is challenging, creative and innovative. The Dearing Award Scheme has, since 1999, recognised the outstanding achievements of University of Nottingham staff in enhancing the student learning experience and attracts intense competition. It is awarded based on the nomination evidence and using the criteria listed below:
• Excellence in supporting student learning
• Evidence of stimulating and inspiring student learning
• Recognition and support of diverse student learning needs
• Supporting colleagues in the promotion of student learning
• A serious and on-going commitment to review and reflection to enhance individual practice
Posted on Friday 9th February 2018