What you need to know
Please note that under the terms of our licence agreements, access to BoB is restricted to current staff and students of the University of Nottingham and can only be used within the territory of the United Kingdom.
In order to use BoB you will need to log on to the service as follows:
- Go to the home page of the BoB website
- Click on the Sign In button
- in the box below Where Are You From? enter Nottingham and choose University of Nottingham from the list that appears; then click on the Go to login button.
- The next screen will ask for your regular University login details
- If you are logging in for the first time, please indicate this when asked
Once you are into the site itself, you can request that a programme is recorded by clicking on the Guide (in the centre of the top purple bar). The Search option can be used to search for archived programmes.
When you record a programme, it will be also be available to others. You can also access programmes requested by others (you can find them through the serarch).
You can also make clips and compile playlists.
For more detailed information and BoB, please use the following links:
The University has an Educational Recording Agency Plus (ERA+) licence which allows off-air recording of broadcasts within the UK.
This licence covers agreed off-site access, as managed via Box of Broadcasts. For more information, please use the following links:
When using your own or other people's materials, please consider your reponsibilities regarding copyright and make sure that any participants have signed a rights waiver.