A leading faculty
The Faculty of Engineering at Nottingham is known for its world-class research, inspirational teaching, and diverse academic community.
- More than 98% of our research is of international quality, with 85% graded as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' (2014 Research Excellence Framework REF)
- We are ranked 1st for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 2nd for Chemical Engineering, 5th for Architecture, and 7th for Civil Engineering in the Guardian University Guide 2019. We are also ranked 5th for Building in the Complete University Guide 2019
- We have been ranked second highest in the UK for female engineering graduate earnings, five years after graduation, and second highest in the Midlands for male engineering graduate earnings, five years after graduation (Institute for Fiscal Studies data: www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44413086)
- Our faculty has over 100 years of engineering expertise
- Our faculty hosts exceptional and highly cited academic staff, often world-leaders in their fields of research
- Our team of academics are committed to inspirational teaching
You'll find the faculty to be a friendly and supportive working environment, and will work alongside creative and inspirational people who are eager to share their experiences. We are committed to supporting talented people and to developing partnerships with industry, funding bodies and government agencies, in order to create an exemplary environment where discovery, scholarship, innovation, commercial exploitation and public engagement thrive.