A leading faculty
The Faculty of Engineering at Nottingham is known for its world-class research, inspirational teaching, and diverse academic community.
By joining us at Nottingham, you will be part of a:
- more than 98% of research is of international quality, with 85% graded as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' (2014 Research Excellence Framework REF)
- A UK top 10 engineering faculty (QS World University Rankings 2015/16)
- faculty with over 100 years engineering expertise
- group of exceptional and highly cited academic staff and world-leaders in their fields of research
- team committed to inspirational teaching
You'll find the faculty is a friendly and supportive working environment. You'll work alongside creative and inspirational people who are eager to share their experiences. We are committed to supporting talented people and to developing partnerships with industry, funding bodies and government agencies, in order to create an exemplary environment where discovery, scholarship, innovation, commercial exploitation and public engagement thrive.
The Faculty is known for its world-class research, inspirational teaching, and diverse academic community with many exciting opportunities for study abroad and industrial placements. Our engineers and architects are passionate about what they do. They are at the forefront of new research, challenging conventional thinking, and producing novel and sustainable technologies that are changing infrastructure, communication, and the health of nations around the globe.
Professor Andy Long
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Engineering