Dr Bo Li has the multidisciplinary research experience in Energy Generation, Conversion, Storage and Utilisation in Sustainable Energy Technology, especially focusing on the automotive electrification applications. Before he joined in UoN as Research Fellow, he was a PhD candidate in Fluids & Thermal Engineering Research Group, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK, where he obtained both his MSc and PhD degree in Sustainable EnergyTechnology in 2007 and 2012 respectively. Prior to this, he spent about one year as joint MSc at Donghua University, China. Following the award of a BEng degree in Built Services Engineering from Donghua University, (China), he joined Professor Yuying Yan`s Fluids & Thermal Engineering Group since 2007 .
Dr Bo Li has active research interests in new energy materials for energy conversion and utilisation, high performance heat transfer components, carbon emission reduction technologies. He has won several prestigious awards from UoN, EPSRC and China Scholarship Council such as EPSRC Pump Priming Awards, 2010/2011, University Endowed Postgraduate Prize 2012/2013, National Excellent Self-Funded Students Scholarship in 2013/2014, The Bridging the Gaps: Next Generation Feasibility Awards, 2014.etc.
Dr Bo Li is currently a Lead researcher and project manager on APC8-AceDrive project: Advanced Integration and Cooling of Electric Drives sponsored by Advanced Propulsion Centre and Innovate UK. And lead researcher on Low Carbon Vehicle projects sponsored by FAW Group Corporation (First Automobile Works, Changchun, China) and Innovate UK . The projects aim to prominently reduce carbon emission from passenger cars by means of converting exhaust waste into useful electricity. He has active researches in Thermal Management on automotive engine exhaust system on hybrid vehicles , electronic system on electric vehicles. Also, he has been involved other projects like Waste heat recovery on process industry, IGBT cooling on electronics and heatpipe technology development.
Dr Bo Li is a member of the Fluids and Thermal Engineering Research Group.
- Topics of heat transfer;
- Renewable Energy Technologies;
Major research interests
- Integrated Energy system technologies;
- Nanofluids, Functional thermo fluidics,;
- Low-carbon Vehicle exergy analysis and economic modelling
- Energy performance CFD simulation
- Heat pipe, heat pump
1. APC8 project - Innovate UK (£8m ) : Lead Researcher, AceDrive-Advanced Integration and Cooling of Electric Drives
2. The Royal Society- International Exchanges Scheme - Cost Share Programme (£12k): Project lead: Advanced manufacturing and performance optimization of ultra-thin micro heat pipes.
LI, YONG, HE, JIABIN, HE, HENGFEI, YAN, YUYING, ZENG, ZHIXIN and LI, BO, 2015. Investigation of ultra-thin flattened heat pipes with sintered wick structure: Applied Thermal Engineering Applied Thermal Engineering. 86(0), 106-118
1. Low Carbon Vehicle projects sponsored by FAW Group Corporation (£200K, First Automobile Works, Changchun, China). The projects aim to prominently reduce carbon emission from passenger cars by means of converting exhaust waste into useful electricity.He has active researches in Thermal Management on automotive engine exhaust system on hybrid vehicles , electronic system on electric vehicles.
2. Innovate UK project (£200k,Lead researcher): Intelligent and Efficient Thermal Managed Power for Low Carbon Vehicles