Postgraduate taught courses and research opportunities we offer
- Faculty of Engineering ranked 3rd in the UK for research power (REF 2014)
- 98% of our research judged of "international quality" with 85% graded as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' (REF 2014)
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering is ranked 3rd in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2021)
The Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering is a leading centre for the development of industrial processes and applications in energy, sustainability and environmental engineering and our broad range of taught postgraduate courses produce
-high-quality engineers with the advanced skills and training demanded by industry and organisations all over the world.
You may wish to undertake a postgraduate taught course in order to:
- Gain accrediation
- Further your career in industry
- Specialise in a particular field
The modern world is evermore reliant on innovative technology – to make products, harvest and conserve resources and use energy efficiently. The Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering is a leading European centre for research and teaching necessary to enable the development of such creative and efficient technologies.
Our Chemical Engineering MSc and Environmental Engineering MSc courses are both accredited by the IChemE (Institution of Chemical Engineers) and the IOM3 (Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining).