Postgraduate taught courses and research opportunities we offer
- Faculty of Engineering ranked 3rd in the UK for research power (REF 2014)
- 98% of our research judged as "international quality" (REF 2014)
We offer a range of courses from a more general MSc in Civil Engineering, with a choice of modules enabling you to tailor the course to suit your interest or future career, to more specialist courses to suit particular expertise within the department:
- Our postgraduate taught courses include a research project
- A UK top 10 engineering faculty (QS World University Rankings 2015/16) with extensive laboratory facilities including a strong floor for structural testing, the largest road material testing facility in the UK, soil, rock mechanics, and hydraulics labs
- Nottingham’s Geospatial Institute (NGI) carries out ground-breaking research in satellite navigation
To see a full list of available Engineering research courses please visit our online prospectus.
Funded PhD studentships are also available. Please visit our PhD opportunities page to find out more.
More information about the various research groups our engineers work in is available on our research section.