The Faculty of Engineering's Nottingham Engineering Excellence Scheme (NEES) provides top performing undergraduate students with tailored events and activities.
The strategy aims to:
- recognise and reward academic achievement
- enhance the appeal of students to potential employers
- encourage NEES students to consider research careers or postgraduate study
Nottingham Engineering Excellence Scheme (NEES)
How does the scheme work?
- NEES students are invited to various events throughtout the year.
- Social activities throughout the year
- NEES students who graduate with a 1st class degree have the opportunity to apply for a PhD scholarship
- Opportunities to attend high profile guest lectures
- NEES students have the opportunity to join an alumni mentoring scheme
- Applications are welcome from NEES students to the faculty's Summer Engineering Research Programme, providing exceptional students who are in the penultimate year of their BEng/MEng with the opportunity to undertake a research project over the summer, while receiving a bursary.
Students in the top 5% of their department year group are invited onto the scheme. This is determined each year from the previous academic year's marks. Students whose marks are not on the system by the end of the first week in August due to exceptional circumstances (resits and study abroad) should alert their department or the faculty marketing team if they feel they may qualify for the NEES. Students are classed as NEES students for one year, before being reassessed against all other students. NEES students are notified each autumn.
For further details about the scheme please contact Lindsay.Smith@nottingham.ac.uk