Media Officer, Faculty of Registrars
I joined the University in June 2022 having previously worked in regional print journalism. My experience working as a reporter for local daily publications gave me great experience of contact-building, interviewing, and developing a social media strategy. These skills I then transferred into my role as a Media Officer in the External Relations team.
I have always been passionate about communication, and love working in a role that allows me to expand on this and highlight the stories and research from some incredible people.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Daily national press monitoring and compilation
- Media enquiries - handling and logging
- Press release distribution and logging
- Social media promotion and strategy
- Support Media Relations Managers where needed