Knowledge Exchange Committee
The Knowledge Exchange Committee is a committee of UEB. The Committee has responsibility for executive oversight of the Knowledge Exchange Strategy within the University and ensuring the University is compliant with external requirements related to Knowledge Exchange including the Research England’s Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF).
Without limiting the general responsibilities as described above:
- To develop the University's Knowledge Exchange Framework and Strategy in accordance with the University Strategic Plan.
- To advise the University Executive Board on the allocation of resources to deliver the aims and objectives articulated with respect to the University's Strategic Plan, as laid out in the Knowledge Exchange Framework and Strategy.
- To allocate resources on behalf of the University Executive Board in support of (1), primarily utilising HEIF funding.
- To monitor the implementation of the Knowledge Exchange Strategy and to evaluate its impact.
- To monitor the internal and external developments and trends in Knowledge Exchange, and take account of them in the development of future Knowledge Exchange strategies and policies.
- To agree University responses to significant consultation processes related to Knowledge Exchange from external bodies.
- To establish such sub-groups as may be required to deliver specific areas of the Committee's remit.
- To receive reports and updates from the Committee's sub-committees and where relevant from other University Executive Board committees.
- To receive from and deliver reports and updates to University Executive Board and Senate as required.
- To actively consider Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all decisions made and, where appropriate, take positive action to ensure that those with protected characteristics or care responsibilities are equally able to participate in activities and initiatives.
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Research and Knowledge Exchange
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Research, Strategy and Performance
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Industrial Strategy, Business Engagement and Impact
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Graduate School and Researcher Career Development
A Vice-Provost from each of UNNC and UNMC
Director of Research and Innovation
Director of Engagement and Partnerships
Director of Intellectual Property Commercialisation
Director of Careers and Employability
nominated by the Students' Union
Three members to be chosen through the Committee Membership Selection Process
3.2 Chair and Support
The Committee will be convened and chaired by Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Research and Knowledge Exchange. The Secretary will be supplied by the Governance and Executive Support team.
3.3 Frequency of Meetings
The Committee will meet quarterly and the Chair shall call additional meetings where necessary. The Committee shall delegate activity to sub-groups or committees as appropriate.
3.4 Delegated Authority
The delegated financial authority of the Committee is £250k or as stated in the Financial Regulations.
Members of the Committee are not able to nominate a deputy to attend the meeting on their behalf.
A quorum will be half the regular membership plus one.
3.7 Term of Office
The term of office for the members selected by the Committee Membership Selection Group is two years. Some of these members may be reappointed for a further year with the agreement of the Chair in order to maintain an appropriate balance between turnover and experience on the Committee. The term of office for the representative nominated by the Students' Union is one year. Other members are ex officio.
3.8 Reporting and Review
The Committee will report to University Executive Board and Senate as required. The effectiveness and the membership of the Committee will be reviewed annually.
The following groups will report into the Committee as required:
- Knowledge Exchange Strategy Steering Board
Return to Committees list