Funding for current research postgraduates
We develop global opportunities to help you suceed.
The Graduate School manages a number of financial awards designed to enable you to access international opportunities and increase your researcher mobility and profile.
Whether you are looking to foster your research collaboration network, or to develop a global dimension to your career you will have the chance to compete for a range of awards and prizes.
Over the last ten years we have awarded over half a million pounds in travel awards. These enabled researchers to present at academic conferences, visit overseas institutes, collaborate with other research institutions and to fund novel interdisciplinary research projects.
Graduate School Funding: Awards, Prizes & Scholarships
The International Research Collaboration Award (IRCA) offers an opportunity to broaden your international experience as a researcher through a fully funded visit, of up to two months duration. The collaboration could be with an organisation based anywhere in the world.
Research postgraduates and research staff (R&T 4A-R/4-R/5-R) are invited to apply for pump-prime funding for novel interdisciplinary research project(s) identified at a series of sandpit events.
Mobility awards and travel grants
There are many smaller and discipline-specific charities and sources of funding. Below is a selection of links to travel grants and funds to help you get started. Please note, this is not an exhaustive list.
The following sites do not belong to the University of Nottingham and the quality of the content has not been verified:
- Association of Charitable Foundations - information about grant making trusts and charitable organisations
- PostgraduateFunding.com - small grants for postgraduate study
- Prospects - a searchable database plus information on scholarships, bursaries, research councils and a useful video that covers the main funding schemes and explains how students can undertake postgraduate study
- Funding postgraduates - funding guide
- Turn-2-us - Information about benevolent funds, grants and charitable trusts