About the ESGC
The Engineering and Science Graduate Centre (ESGC) and is open exclusively to postgraduate students and researchers.
The Centre offers:
- plenty of space for relaxing and meeting other students
- a football table and wide selection of board games
- wi-fi and networked computers
- kitchen facilities including microwaves and a fridge
- a seminar room (C09) which can be booked by students to practise presentations or do group work
- An extensive Career library that focuses on topics such as interviews, CV writing and presentation skills
The Centre provides access to a range of dedicated researcher development activities, including training courses, careers sessions and seminars. To take part in any of these activities, please book your place through Central Short Courses.
Elizabeth Davey (Science) and Alison Johnson (Engineering) are the members of the Graduate School's Researcher Training and Development Team who have specific responsibility for supporting training and development activities in the ESGC.
Agata Rogalska and Carlos Sandoval are the ESGC Coordinators and help Elizabeth and Alison manage the day-to-day running of the centres and help coordinate our programme of activities for postgraduate students.
The ESGC organises several social events throughout the year. The events are free of charge and open to all postgraduate students. Join our Facebook page and stay updated.