Graduate School

Research Passports


NHS Research Passports may be required by researchers undertaking research in the NHS – your supervisor/PI or NHS collaborator will be able to advise you if this is the case. More information can also be found on the NIHR webpages

The Graduate School is responsible for undertaking the  Section 5 pre-engagement checks of a postgraduate student’s application for a Research Passport. Members of research staff should contact HR for the equivalent checks. 

Postgraduates and research staff should consult the Graduate School's 'Applying for a NHS Research Passport' workspace for guidance on the application process and for further information specific to the research environment at Nottingham.

The Graduate School

The University of Nottingham
A floor, Highfield House
University Park
Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Tel: +44 (0) 115 846 8400

Text: 07786209140 Email: