Terms and conditions for hospitality bookings
We aim to keep our prices low and service levels high. You can help us to do this by booking the catering for your event with as much prior notice as possible. This ensures we have sufficient time to order products and ensure staffing levels are correct.
Bookings should be made no less than two working days in advance (Saturdays and Sundays, Bank Holidays and University Closure Days are not classed as working days). Catering bookings for Bank Holidays and University closure days require a minimum of 10 working days’ notice. Bookings for events outside of core service hours (8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, term time) will incur a surcharge of £20.00.
Amendments can be made up to two working days before a weekday event and four days before a weekend event. Cancellations and amendments must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise cancellation charges will be incurred.
- While we endeavour to deliver and collect at your preferred times, operational necessities may make this difficult. Where a variation will be more than 30 minutes we will always try to contact you on the number you have provided
- Please ensure we have access to the room 30 minutes prior to delivery time (room to be open or key readily obtainable). Should the room not be available for delivery the order will be left outside the room
- Please ensure a suitable table or surface is available for your requirements
- Please ensure access is available for us to clear for a period of up to three hours after the delivery time (unless a specific collection time and place has been previously agreed). Should the room not be available to clear within the designated or agreed time a charge of £20.00 will be made for a second visit to clear
- A minimum charge of £15.00 will apply per order
- Hire of table cloths: £5.50 each
- Hire of glasses:£0.20 each
- The following charges will be made for equipment which is not returned:
- Crockery: £1.50 per piece
- Flasks/tea boxes: £20.00 per item
- Disposable options available on request (20p levy* on each item)
- Saturday and Sunday bookings require four working days' notice
- Event organisers will be liable for any damage to lecture theatres and computer rooms
- Any food products not consumed within 3.5 hours of delivery must be thrown away
All our deliveries will include the following:
- All items clearly labelled including vegetarian options
- Tea and coffee clearly marked
- Fresh milk not UHT milk cartons
- China plates and napkins
- We aim to collect all items on the same day as delivery
Please advise us if you have a specific time for collection. Please ensure that all items for collection are together and packed in the box provided.
Please place all items delivered back in the delivery box for collection at the same point as delivery. Any missing items carry a charge. Please let us know if the collection location is different to the delivery location.
All invoices are priced at the point of delivery which may differ from the prices quoted when ordering.
The practise within Delivered Catering is not to use single use cups unless requested by the customer.
* From 24 September 2018 a levy of 20p will be charged for each single use disposable cup requested within bookings. Any income from the levy will be used to fund projects to reduce our waste output, including subsidising reusable cups.