The 'Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Questioning' Staff Network is for all staff employed by the University of Nottingham who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans or who are questioning their gender identity or sexuality.
The LGBTQ Network recognises that people have a number of identities and can face challenges associated with their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion and age alongside their sexuality. The Network has been set up to welcome people from a diversity of backgrounds. The LGBTQ Network is run by people who identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans or who are questioning their identity and is supported by the Staff Equality and Diversity Advisory Group The LGBTQ Network is coordinated by two co-convenors and meets regularly throughout the academic year in addition to its e-group forum.
The purpose of the Network is to:-
1. Provide mutual support and representation for all LGBTQ staff regardless of their job family or whether they are on a permanent or temporary contract of employment.
2. Facilitate LGBTQ staff experiencing difficulty due to their gender identity and sexuality to access confidential advice and support.
3. Participate information and organise social activities to encourage participation of LGBTQ staff in the university community.
4. Assist with policy development on LGBTQ issues within the University of Nottingham by providing advice and feedback to the Staff Equality and Diversity Advisory Group and Human Resources.
5. Increase university wide understanding of LGBTQ issues by organising information-sharing events and advising on staff training.
6. Strengthen the diversity agenda of the University of Nottingham by supporting initiatives to improve the recruitment and retention of LGBTQ staff.
Click here to access the LGBTQ Staff Network webpage