Annual Human Rights Conference 2022
Held each spring, the Conference is organised and promoted by a student committee with the support of HRLC, focusing on a current challenge facing the practice of human rights law.
Defending the Right to Protest in Challenging Times
Wednesday 6 April 2022, 1.30 to 4.30pm
HRLC is delighted to announce its 23rd Annual Student Human Rights Conference on ‘Defending the Right to Protest in Challenging Times’, which will be held online on Wednesday 6 April, 1.30-4.30pm.
Our LLM class in Human Rights Law chose the topic of this year’s conference and we will bring together a range of experts to discuss the many challenges regarding the protection and enjoyment of the freedom of assembly today, online and offline, in established democracies and elsewhere.
Join us via MS Teams
The superb line-up of speakers includes:
- Katia Glod - Analyst and Political Risk Consultant and Fellow, Center for European Policy Analysis
- Kirsty Hughes - Lecturer in Public Law and Human Rights, University of Cambridge
- David Mead - Professor of UK Human Rights Law, University of East Angelia
- Disha Ravi - Indian youth climate change activist and a founder of Fridays For Future India
- Gentian Zyberi - Professor of International Law and Human Rights at the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo.
View the full conference programme
You can view a recording of the event here: