Annual Human Rights Conference 2022
Held each spring, the Conference is organised and promoted by a student committee with the support of HRLC, focusing on a current challenge facing the practice of human rights law.
Defending the Right to Protest in Challenging Times
Wednesday 6 April 2022
HRLC announced its 23rd Annual Student Human Rights Conference on ‘Defending the Right to Protest in Challenging Times’, which was held online on Wednesday 6 April, 1.30-4.30pm.
Our LLM class in Human Rights Law chose the topic of this year’s conference and we will bring together a range of experts to discuss the many challenges regarding the protection and enjoyment of the freedom of assembly today, online and offline, in established democracies and elsewhere.
The superb line-up of speakers included:
- Katia Glod - Analyst and Political Risk Consultant and Fellow, Center for European Policy Analysis
- Kirsty Hughes - Lecturer in Public Law and Human Rights, University of Cambridge
- David Mead - Professor of UK Human Rights Law, University of East Angelia
- Disha Ravi - Indian youth climate change activist and a founder of Fridays For Future India
- Gentian Zyberi - Professor of International Law and Human Rights at the Norwegian Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo.
View the full conference programme
You can view a recording of the event here: