Applications to be a Welcome Mentor are now open!
Applications are open NOW until 11th April. Find out more below.
What are Welcome Mentors?
They are the student volunteers who are there to help new students settle into university life at the start of the academic year and help out at all the Welcome Week events. You might have seen them in their pink t-shirts across campuses and the city. They work to ensure that every new student at the University has as fantastic a first week as possible.
We’re looking for people who want to make Welcome Week as friendly and inclusive as possible for all our students. Any student can apply to be a Welcome Mentor and you'll be given all the training and support you need throughout the process. After a trimmed-down Welcome in 2020, we are excited to bring back a wide range of events this year, including the famed Club Nights!
What are the benefits of being a Welcome Mentor?
- Rewarding experience of helping new students during their first week at university and sharing your wisdom.
- Make amazing friends from all walks of uni life - everyone who takes part in Welcome becomes part of one huge family!
- Training in first aid and welfare.
- Excellent employability skills such as teamwork, working under pressure, communication, organisation and leadership - without impacting on your studies.
- Taking part in a truly unforgettable experience.
- Lots of perks (in the past these have included discounts, tickets, and queue jump for different Nottingham venues) and socials throughout the year.
The benefit of the Welcome programme both for new students and the mentors cannot be emphasised enough. To continue to deliver this incredible program and its grand post-Covid return we need to recruit another amazing team of Mentors for Welcome 2021. We are looking for students from all schools, backgrounds and year groups to volunteer and would urge all of you to apply and join in this incredible experience.
How to Apply?
Apply online to be a Welcome Mentor - deadline 11th April.
We would be happy to answer any questions which you may have about the Welcome Program. Visit the Welcome Mentor pages on the Student Union website for more information, or get in touch either via Instagram @uonsuwelcomementors or by emailing our Mentor Coordinator Olly Wharton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Posted on Tuesday 30th March 2021