University of Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships to support the Beacons of Excellence
- Closing Date
- Monday, 4th December 2017
- Research Strategy Unit
The University of Nottingham has a long-standing reputation for transformative, world-class research. Our pioneering, multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges.Nottingham is making an unparalleled investment in both our research and our people, which will further enhance our international standing as one of the UK’s powerhouses for transformative research.
As part of this investment, the University is investing in two core strands – investing in our Beacons of Excellence, which will champion our field-leading responses to global challenges, and recruiting 100 Nottingham and Anne McLaren Research Fellows by the end of 2020.
This opportunity combines these two key themes, inviting applications for Nottingham Research and Anne McLaren Fellowships to support our Beacons of Excellence.This recruitment exercise focuses on the following Beacons and Thematic areas:
Beacon of Excellence in Propulsion Futures
- Advanced materials and nanostructures for energy generation and storage
- Modelling and simulation of materials for applications such as the electrodes in fuel cells, batteries and materials employed in hydrogen capture and storage.
Beacon of Excellence in Imaging in Precision Medicine
- Biotyping Brain Diseases
- Imaging-based Neuromodulation
- MR Spectroscopy
Applications will also be considered from outstanding individuals who support our areas of key research excellence and research priority areas.
The deadline for applications is Monday 4th December.Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the deadline day.Interviews will be held in early January 2018.
Each fellowship offers:
- Three years independent funding, to conduct research while based at the University of Nottingham.
- Salary set on the Research and Teaching Staff Scales grade 4 or 5 (£29,799 and £47,722) depending on experience. The salary may progress annually, subject to performance.
- The linking of the Fellowship to an established academic post, subject to performance against a high quality threshold and the continued right to work in the UK.
- Additional funding for research costs, up to £25,000 per annum.
- Additional childcare costs of up to £5,000 per annum where appropriate.
- The opportunity to spend periods of time at University of Nottingham Campuses in China and Malaysia.
- Participation in a mentoring scheme and career development programme.
Place of Tenure: The University of Nottingham
Length of Tenure: Three years guaranteed. Academic years 2018/19; 2019/20; 2020/21.
Eligibility: Candidates must have been awarded their PhD. They must have had no more than eight years full-time postdoctoral experience from the date of award of the PhD, not counting periods for career breaks.If you are concerned about your eligibility, please contact us to discuss.
Further information: For further information and details of how to apply, please see: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/researchwithus/fellowships/beacon-fellowships.aspx
For more information on our beacons of excellence please see: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/world/