Software Design Engineer - KTP Research Associate (Fixed-term)
- Closing Date
- Monday, 12th March 2018
- Job Type
- £26,000 to £30,000 per annum (pro rated if applicable) depending on skills and experience, plus significant training package worth £4000 for individual personal and professional development
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious engineering graduate to develop a BIM-enabled integrated software system for the engineering design and optimisation of syphonic rain water drainage systems. This role presents an interesting intellectual challenge as the application of effective, accurate and reliable design software will need to take into account the manufacturing and construction constraints.
This position is a 24 month fixed term contract, with a £4,000 dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Qualifications we require:
This a highly technical, state of the art project. You will hold an undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and ideally a MEng degree.
Essential technical knowledge, skills and experience:
- Programming skills in Visual studio using MFC or .Net
- Programming skill in C++ or C#
- Relevant experience from studies, research or work in computing applied to engineering
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Relevant industry experience (including work placements) in an engineering environment.
- Programming experience in graphical user interfaces in 3D
- Experience with BIM software preferably RevitTM
- Programming plug-in software for RevitTM
- Experience of Fluid Dynamics
The successful candidate must possess:
- Written and verbal communication is clear, well-structured and easy to understand.
- Experience of report writing to a professional standard and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and also work as part of a team
- Data analytical and problem solving skills
- Task prioritisation, with the ability to focus to achieve results and work to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and drive to embed new knowledge and to take full ownership of the project in all respects.
About Fullflow Group Limited:
Fullflow Group Limited is the UK’s market leader in the design, manufacture and installation of syphonic roof drainage systems. Focused on the implementation of new standards, materials and design methodologies, Fullflow has partnered with the University of Nottingham on this commercially driven project which supports the company’s vision to become the supplier of choice for roof drainage and to be second to none in its technical knowhow and innovation. Working alongside the Group’s Technical Manager, this post presents an exciting opportunity for a graduate to be actively involved in the company’s expansion delivery.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential that you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Please visit: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
If you have questions about this vacancy please contact the KTP Team:
T: 0115 7484511
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.