Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Closing Date
- Wednesday, 12th May 2021
- Job Type
- Technical Services
- £23754 to £28331 per annum (pro-rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
An opportunity has arisen within the Faculty of Engineering for an individual to join a team of highly skilled engineering technicians engaged in the manufacture of equipment and parts for research and teaching.
This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity supporting the Faculty of Engineering across two campuses and all engineering disciplines. The role is to manufacture rigs to high standards, work with other technical staff as well as research staff and students to deliver work on time and to a high standard. It is expected that the role holder will be positive and proactive in their work, develop novel solutions to problems and engage in new opportunities and challenges as required.
Duties will include:
- Manufacture of rigs for Teaching, Research and undergraduate student projects.
- Operation, maintenance, servicing, repair and adjustment of a wide range of rigs and associated equipment.
- Modification of rigs/equipment/components from drawings and by verbal instructions using a variety of mechanical engineering techniques.
- Pipework, manufacture of pressure systems.
- Technical advice and assistance to both research staff and to students in the methods of design and manufacture of proposed projects.
Candidates should have a minimum of HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or substantial equivalent Engineering experience.
Candidates should have experience of pressure systems, pipework, assembly and fittings. Substantial proven experience in a mechanical engineering background is essential. A flexible approach and willingness to learn, develop new professional skills and the ability to communicate are all essential.
This role is available on a permanent basis. Hours of work are full-time (36.25 hours). Job share arrangements may be considered.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Mr Phil Bennett, tel: 07825753981 or email: email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Our University has always been a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, see our Moving to Nottingham pages.
For all successful international applicants, including EU/EEA applicants from January 2021, we offer an interest-free loan to help cover the cost of immigration-related expenses to the UK, including visas and the NHS surcharge. For more information download our Support with Immigration Expenses document.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2, therefore we can only accept applications from candidates who already have the right to work in UK.